Home » Uncategorized » Journal #4 – March 4, 2021

Journal #4 – March 4, 2021

I think my English professor liked the way how I wrote my first draft.  He said that I have a strong draft which gave me more confidence in writing the perfect final draft.  I followed all of his suggestions to include in my final draft and I have written it according to the instructions on the course site.  I also tried to include some ideas from the optional assignment I have written earlier today.  I talked about how Waze helps people wherever they need to be on time or worried about a police officer catches you speeding. In Waze, it lets you report nearby police, which can help those be on the lookout who are in a rush to get somewhere by speeding. Waze even shows the speed limit in that specific area in the top right-hand corner and flashes red when you’re going above it to let you know you’re speeding. So, if there is a nearby cop, the flashing red light on the screen will help you quickly realize that you need to slow down, especially in that area. Additionally, since Waze’s strongest feature is its community-user base, it quickly calculates the shortest route to take if there is a lot of reports of any traffic jams or any other obstacles so that you could travel to your destination on time. In Waze’s alternative routes section, drivers can pick out whatever route they want to travel on so they could either be at their destination on time or avoid paying car tolls if they want and etc. But the thing is that Waze always gets instant updates from its users that are near you as you are traveling so the alternative routes might either be the one you do not like and pick or just disappear. This demonstrates how Waze’s strongest features help users to be focused on the road more and help its drivers get to their destination on time and how it helped me write out my final draft.