Home » Uncategorized » Journal #11 – March 30, 2021

Journal #11 – March 30, 2021

This group project was really challenging but there were some benefits of doing this.  I got to know other students more and their style of writing that I might use to help me improve my writing techniques.  I sometimes find group projects difficult because you have to hear what other people think and must argue to support your beliefs which would waste too much time and give incompletes to them.  In this project, I came up with the idea of upgrading LIRR stations, specifically, extending the platforms to avoid overcrowding.  My group members loved it and are in total agreement because they also noticed how overcrowding is an issue with LIRR service lately.  My role for this project was submission manager and I had to make sure that everything was done correctly by my teammates so that it looks presentable for others to read it.  I also helped them describe how the benefits of our solutions would help other regional rail companies and filled out important sections including the audience and subject.  The guys did a really good job gathering evidence about the dangers of crowded stations and proposing other ideas for dealing with crowded stations.  Their ideas included safety rails while platforms are being extended and convenient service hours so commuters could avoid being stuck with a crowd to catch their next train.  The only set of difficulties that we had was trying to reduce the amount of space in our memo because a normal memo according to the coursebook shows a memo as one page long.  I think the next time we are in a group, we need to first realize how many pages are we going to write so that it could help us set a limit to how much evidence do we need for our research.