Home » Uncategorized » Journal #18 – April 22, 2021

Journal #18 – April 22, 2021

In today’s forum, we were given an optional assignment to discuss where we see ourselves a few years after we get our degrees. I said that in two years, I would see myself working probably as an advisor at some successful engineering company. I would probably be working with other fellow engineers with backgrounds in math and science to come up with new ideas and renovations for buildings, train lines, and etc. I am currently taking all the classes required for my CE degree but the real challenge so far has been my calculus two class because I am still struggling to adapt with the true or false tests and quizzes he gives out. If I am confident about myself and actually review the examples over again, this would help me pass the class. If I pass this class, I could finally take the second level of physics needed required for more CE classes. In all honesty, I wanted to be a Civil Engineer in the first place just so I would have the knowledge of building a new community. Other than earning an excellent salary, being a Civil Engineer is an important position because you have to focus on measuring things correctly so that a design does not break down and hurt others in the process. At the same time, I have to have good writing techniques when developing reports so my future supervisors would understand how what I did resulted into something. This demonstrates why I being a Civil Engineer means to me and the challenges I have to deal with before and after getting my degree. Anyways, my partner liked what I wrote for my first draft of the lab report. He told me what I have to fix before writing the final draft. I am still waiting for what the Professor has to say about my draft so that I am able to write the final draft according to his thoughts. I am confident that I am going to be fine with this assignment.