Home » Uncategorized » Journal #8 – March 18, 2021

Journal #8 – March 18, 2021

I am so glad to hear that the Professor is going to give us our grades for our first assignment soon. I hope I did really well because I did everything that he and the instructions stated. Anyways, today’s forum is optional and the prompt is to come up with a real-world scenario where our group memos would be taken into account and how would it apply to ourselves. Our group’s discussion is about fixing overcrowded LIRR platforms and why is this a serious matter to be dealt with as soon as possible. We stated a few proposals to fix this issue in our outline. These proposals include either extending the platform length, putting safety rails so that commuters could be alerted that a train is coming and know when to step back, or upgrading the MYmta mobile app so that it notifies you about train status. If these proposals were included in all train lines within the tristate area, commuters would feel more comfortable traveling by train to their destinations. If these proposals were applied to the subway lines, I will get to campus much faster by an hour difference since there would be fewer crowds pushing and shoving each other in the station and on the subway. I live in southern Brooklyn and usually by subway, it takes me up to two hours to reach the campus and back home due to train traffic and crowds. With the proposals, this would reduce my commute in the subway from a total of four hours a day to two hours a day. That’s a huge difference and plenty of time to be at the campus and at home on time. Additionally, these proposals my group came up with would cause fewer accidents to occur after hearing trouble in a few stations from the news a few weeks ago. This demonstrates how these proposals would benefit in the real world not just to me, but to everyone who rides the train to their destinations.