Home » Uncategorized » Journal #5 – March 9, 2021

Journal #5 – March 9, 2021

I think my English Professor would like the way how I wrote my final draft of the technical description assignment.  I followed all his suggestions and it came out even better than my first draft.  I am just waiting for his feedback and I hope that I gave him what he wanted.  On the next assignment, we have to be in groups and write a memo on a problem or issue within NYC infrastructure that we think could be improved, or explore something that could be a positive addition to the city.  For my group, I believed that for the memo, we should talk about transit systems because it is being discussed all over the news all week.  I came up with the idea after hearing local news that there was trouble with the LIRR service this week.  I suggested that we should talk about expanding platforms in many LIRR stations because many of its stations only allow from four to six cars of passengers to be dropped off and picked up, even though many LIRR trains have from eight to twelve cars.  I also said that If we could talk about the benefits of expanding platforms such as better service in many lines, this would help us gather more research ideas in writing the memos.  My other group members agreed with me saying that expanding platforms not only will lessen the cramped up spaces for passengers to be waiting on, it would also lessen the dangers such as being too close to the tracks when waiting. They also said that LIRR trains have become crowded due to the MTA service cuts that occurred lately.  I am very confident that we are going to get along well in order to complete this assignment.